So It’s December! How is it even December? This year has flown by. As it’s the season to be festive, I think it’s time to dust off my Christmas flair. Are you ready because I so am?
Imagine waking up on Christmas morning to these bad boys, S’mores pancakes. Fluffy American style pancakes stuffed with banana, generous amounts of Nutella, squirty cream and topped with Oreo thins, mini marshmallows and pretzel stars. Don’t forget the drizzling of golden syrup and chocolate sauce. These are a just what you want to get the festive period started.
These homemade s’mores pancakes can be whipped up in no time. The pancake recipe is pretty straight forward. Plain flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, salt and butter all whisked together to make a super reliable pancake. The trick to a good pancake is a good non stick pan and getting the temperature right. I use a Tifal non stick pan and it is a great go – to when making pancakes. Regardless of your cooker, a medium to high heat will guarantee you a perfect pancake. Nice and fluffy with a lovely golden colour.
My easy s’mores pancakes makes about 10-12 pancakes. They are really, really delicious and will be enjoyed by everyone. Perhaps you should double the amount of ingredients as they will be super super loved.
The flavour of these s’mores pancakes is heavenly. Perfectly sweet fluffy American style pancakes stuffed with ripe banana slices and topped with squirty cream, chocolate sauce and Golden syrup. To break up the sweetness festive star pretzels are added on top along with Oreo thins and mini marshmallows. Mini marshmallows are my favourite! All of the noms.
Try something a little different this Christmas morning with my S’mores Pancakes. This recipe makes about 12 pancakes however if you have any leftover batter you can refrigerate it up for another 24 hours. Want some more sweet ideas? Why not try out my ‘Japanese Fluffy Pancakes‘ Vegan Chocolate & Hazelnut Cheesecake, Vegan Galaxy Glazed Poptarts, & No Bake Popcorn Bars. Wanna get social with me? Add, comment or tag me on my Instagram or Twitter, Facebook. Peace out my food besties. Enjoy xox
- 136g Plain Flour,
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder,
- Half Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Caster Sugar
- 130ml Milk
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 2 Tablespoon Melted Butter Plus Extra for Cooking
- 1 Banana, Peeled & Sliced
- Squirty Cream
- Golden Syrup
- Chocolate Sauce
- Oreo Thins
- Mini Marshmallows
- Pretzel Stars
- Firstly, warm up your non stick frying pan. Set it to a medium - hot heat.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar. In a separate bowl whisk together the milk and egg, then whisk in the melted butter.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and beat until you smooth. If you can't the lumps out, whiz with a hand blender until the batter is lump free. Let the batter stand for a few minutes.
- Add a knob of butter to the hot pan. Once melted, add 2 tablespoon of batter mixture to the centre of the pan. The mixture should start to firm up and bubble at the top. Once the air bubbles start to show or has become golden brown, its time to flip the pancake. Once each side is golden brown take the pancake off the frying pan.
- Generously smear with a teaspoon of Nutella, slices of banana, squirts of cream and drizzle with golden syrup and chocolate sauce. Scatter with oreo thins, pretzel stars and marshmallows.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up.