Did someone say Taco time? I know that I am down to munch my evening into Mexican oblivion with some rustic, aromatic and delicious refried bean tacos. I bet you guys are feeling my vibe too, right?
If you are looking for a great meat free recipe, then this Mexican grub is perfect for you. Hearty, infused black beans, whizzed up to make a smooth yet chunky filling. Accompanied by my no.1 accompaniment, guacamole and my other love, salsa. All scooped up in a soft taco tortilla. Oh to even make it even more great, crumbly feta sprinkled on top to give the tacos a salty kick.
These vegetarian tacos with black beans are just what you need if you need a bit of zing interjecting into your diet. If you are like me, you will understand that Mexican food is needed be to eaten at least once a week. I love it. I think its brilliant. It’s vibrant, verdant, hearty, healthy and most importantly, delicious. Also, I find it so quick and easy to whip up a glorious hispanic meal. Just what I need when I feel something substantial after a long day at work.
Even how much I love a beefy, cheesy burrito, my ultimate favourite Mexican dish is black bean tacos. Black bean quesadilla, black bean stews, pretty much anything black bean orientated. They have such a unique flavour that gives off a smokey, aromatic taste. Extremely unique and I would happily eat them over any meat option. If you are trying to reduce your meat intake than I totally suggest my vegetarian bean tacos recipe to get you motivated into replaces meat with yummy pulses.
The core ingredient to these Mexican vegetarian tacos are homemade refried beans. Black beans, red onion, garlic, herbs and butter all quickly whizzed together to make a rich and earthy filling. I used the Wholemeal ‘Stand & Stuff’ Soft Taco shells from Old El Paso for this recipe. I really love them as the shape of them helps reduce leakage of sauce and no one likes ridiculous messy hands.
Whipped up in less than 20 mins, these vegetarian tacos is just a wonderful recipe for the midweek. Taco Tuesdays can be a regular thing in your household if it’s this easy to knock up.
These black bean soft tacos are nothing but insanely tasty. Smokey, hearty, earthy and healthy. Just what I want from my Mexican feast. I have no doubt that you guys will agree: They’re also:
- Super Easy to Make
- Super Quick To Make
- Full of Fibre
- Cheap To Make
- Family Favourite
- Incredibly Tasty
These tacos are a perfect balance of creaminess, crunch and zing. Great to serve up to a crowd, a hungry family or a few dinners for yours truly. If you do make this ‘Refried Bean Tacos’ recipe or any similar dishes like ‘Tuna Sashimi Tacos‘ & ‘Rustic Burrito Bowl‘ ‘Pork Pibil Tacos‘ then leave a comment or tag a photo on my Instagram or Twitter, Facebook. Cheers my food besties. Ciao for now!
- 1x 425g Can Cooked Black Beans, With Brine
- 1 Red Onion, Finely Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Coriander, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 8 Old El Paso Stand 'N' Stuff Soft Tortillas
- Dollops of Guacamole
- Dollops of [Tomato Salsahttp://www.wolfdownblog.com/jalapeno-tomato-salsa/]
- 50g Crumbly Feta Cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter and sweat the onion and garlic on a high heat.
- Once the onions have started to turn golden brown, add the black beans, with the brine, and stir well.
- Lower to a medium temperature and let the beans simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the coriander, season to taste with salt and pepper and blitz the beans until the constancy is smooth yet chunky.
- To serve, scoop a generous dollop of refried beans into a soft tortilla shell and follow with the salsa and guacamole. Crumble the salt feta cheese on top and enjoy.