Hands up if you love sushi? You do? Snap! Me too!!! Sushi is probably one of my favourite things to eat. A couple rolls of sticky rice heaven munched down with a heart warming bowl of miso soup. Mmmmm, I need to stop salivating on my keyboard.
Unfortunately, sushi can be pricy and is only in my budget after payday. However, when I get my sushi craving I need it asap. If you are like me, then this easy smoked salmon nigiri recipe is all you need to get your nigiri sushi fix.
Simple sushi is probably my favourite. Uncomplicated ingredients and honest flavours married together can make truly tasty roll. That is why I love this smoked salmon nigiri recipe so much. Budget friendly, healthy and a wonderful addition to your bento lunch.
4 Ingredients is all you need for this nigiri sushi recipe and can be a executed in 40 minutes. Washed sushi rice, smoked salmon, sushi vinegar and soy sauce. If you want the whole works, I totally suggest to serve with the essentials, wasabi and ginger. It’s not a requirement however I think black pepper smoked salmon is the fantastic with this recipe. Also, I adore this soy company called Fun Soy, and been loving their Chipotle Soy Sauce. Really gives a wonderful subtle warmth to the Japanese sushi recipe.
This Easy Smoked Salmon Nigiri is easy, quick and delicious. Just what you need when you want a umami fix. They’re also:
- Light yet filling
- Smokey Flavoured
- High In Protein
- High in Fibre
- But Mainly…Delicious
Jazz up your lunches with super easy and yummy nigiri sushi rolls. These Easy Smoked Salmon Nigiri recipe makes about 14 – 16 rolls and are great to wolf down for you’re lunch, an afternoon snack or for a light dinner. If you do make my easy sushi roll recipe with or any similar recipes like my ‘Rilakkuma Tuna Mayo Onigiri Recipe’, ‘Tofutti Sushi Rolls’ ‘Pork Scratching Sushi‘ & ‘Vegan Poke Bowl’ then leave a comment or tag a photo on my Instagram or Twitter, Facebook.
- 200g Sushi Rice, Washed Thoroughly and Drained
- 350ml Water
- 120g Smoked Salmon, Sliced & Ready to Eat, ( I used Black Pepper Smoked Salmon)
- 2 TSP Sushi Rice Vinegar
- Soy Sauce (I Used Fun Soy
- Pickled Ginger
- Wash your sushi rice in cold water until the water runs clear. Drain the rice and put into a pan with the 350ml of water. With the lid on, bring the rice to the boil and reduce the heat. Let the rice simmer for about 8 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated and the rice looks glossy. Turn the heat off and let it stand with the lid on for a further 15 minutes.
- In a large, wooden bowl, add your sushi rice and leave to cool.
- In the mean time, prepare your smoked salmon slices into 2inch length and 3cm in width.
- Once the sushi has cooled, place a 40cm in length sheet of cling film on top of a sushi mat and spoon about 3 tablespoons of sticky sushi rice near the edge of the cling film closest to you.
- With damp hands, mould the rice together to make a long 2.5cm cylinder shape in width and 25cm in length.
- To roll, hold the fillings in place with your index finger and start rolling with the mat from the bottom edge of the cling film towards the top of the mat. Keep rolling but make sure it is tightly rolled by opening the mat to check.
- Once its perfectly cylinder, roll the sushi rice back towards you and undo the cling film.
- Carefully, top the sushi rice with single sheets of smoked salmon and layer the edges of eat slice to keep the nigiri's neat.
- Repeating the rolling process, twist the edges of the cling film to keep the nigiri sushi tight. Place to one and repeat the process until you have 3 big rolls.
- With a wet sashimi knife, Slice the clingfilm covered rolls into 5cm nigiri's. Each big roll should make about 4 singular nigiri pieces. Remove the cling film and serve with soy sauce, pickled ginger and fiery wasabi.