Hello and welcome to summer! Need to chill and cool down? I got the thing for you then.
People don’t really associate soup with summer however let me introduce to my recipe, beetroot, tomato & strawberry chilled soup recipe. It will change your life! For real!
This recipe was inspired by the classic spanish soup, gazpacho however with a seasonal twist. It’s earthy, sharp, rich however subtly sweet from juicy strawberries. Okay, you might think that is a pretty weird combination however the beetroot, tomato and strawberries marry perfectly together. Splashes of tart, sherry vinegar, sprinkling of celery salt and black pepper and we have a bodacious summer soup on our hands. It is that simple.
Just 1 blender required! Throw it all in, blitz, and chill. In less than an hour you have enough soup to feed your mates, your family – or just yourself for the week. Either way, this recipe is a winner.
Regardless of my pictures, this soup is actually VEGAN. That’s right, no cute fluffies were hurt in the making of this chilled summer soup. However, what I think that rounds off this soup perfectly is cubes of salty feta, peppery parsley and sweet baby tomatoes. For a vegan topping, sprinkle with salty pistachios instead of the crumbly feta.
Cold summer soups are my new favourite thing and this recipe is explosive in flavour and a great dish to serve at any barbecue. Chill at home with this summer sizzler, Beetroot, tomato & strawberry chilled soup. It’s:
- Summer perfect
- Crowd pleasing
- Super cool
- Dairy Free
- Easy as pie
This chilled soup recipe serves about 3 – 4 people so it’s great for a light, midweek meal or to make for your lunches for work. If you wanted to make it for the entire family or for a gathering, double or triple the amount of ingredients.
If you do make this ‘Beetroot, Tomato & Strawberry Chilled Soup’ recipe or any similar dishes like Vegan Miso Sweetcorn Soup’, ‘Vegan Supergreen Pho‘ & ‘Vegan Curried Pumpkin & Parsnip Soup’, then leave a comment or tag a photo on my Instagram or Twitter, Facebook. Cheers my food besties. Ciao for now!
- 500g Cooked Beetroot in Natural Juices, Roughly Chopped
- 500g Tomato Passata
- 800g Strawberries, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, Diced
- 1 tsp Celery Salt
- 1 tbsp Sherry Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Black Pepper, To Season
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 100g Feta, Crumbled (optional)
- Handful Pomodorino Tomatoes, Sliced (optional)
- Handful Pumpkin Seeds (optional)
- Sprigs of Parsley (optional)
- Mix the diced beetroot, passata and strawberries with the crushed garlic and olive oil in a food processor and blits.
- Once the mixture is smooth, add the celery salt, sugar vinegar, black pepper to taste and stir well. Cover and refrigerate until extremely cold.
- Serve into individual bowls and garnish with toppings of your choice.